Thursday, August 8, 2013

living room reveal

So, as you know we {yes, there is a mouse in my pocket...the hubs has been doing ALL the work} have been working extra hard on the flooring and we should be done this weekend, so, be expecting a big reveal next week!!! Too excited!

When we decided to redo the floor I knew I wanted to rearrange and declutter the house. Sometimes I get so use to a space I don't see how it can be moved any other way. And, when I do move it I fall even more in love with my home!

before: not bad just dark and lots of large pieces of furniture

after: more open, bright, and spacious
 
Isn't it totally different? I was fearful about losing seating but quickly  noticed we only lost about 1 seat and we have a rocker in the office that can easily be moved into there when company comes!

 
I love our MUCH smaller and more sleek t.v. stand too!!! It matches the rest of our wood furniture and I'm just smitten over it! A lot less of an eye sore compared to are large black one {which got a paint job and is now in another part of the house!}
 
The simplicity of the mantel is perfect for me. The hubs doesn't usually input on the way I style the house {actually I never does} BUT he has said several times he really like the mantel!  
The "S" I ordered online from Etsy and for the life of me I can not come up with the vendors name {I'll keep thinking!} and, the ball jar I spray painted a while back and put some flowers from my storage room! And, they can be easily changed out for the different seasons!

I got this great rug at Kohl's for free; with a coupon and Kohl's cash {and if you ask my hubs it isn't free because I had to buy the items to get the Kohl's cash! ha..men!}
 
Ahh, I love this space!! So happy and bright!!!

 
Enjoy!
linking up with: No Minimalist Here, Inspired Life link party, Thrifty Decor Chick --before and after, love bakes good cakes, show me what ya got #133, Featured Friday, Life Inspired Link Party 6

9 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy! Your room is very pretty and much lighter now. Thanks for joining the Open House party and I am now following.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks Sherry!!!

      Cindy

      p.s. thanks for the following!

      Delete
  2. aww thanks!! and you betcha I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super nice!! I love it!! :) By the way, you can go onto Etsy and see your purchases. You should be able to find the vendor's name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the way the rug makes the the trunk stand out even more! And your mantle is to-die-for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jazmin!!! I am pretty smitten over the rug too!!! And, that fact it was CHEAP makes it even better!!!

      Delete
  5. I love the cozy and better balanced look you have created! And your hubs is right, your mantel is great! You have a new follower~ ME! God bless and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly!!! He will be happy to know other people think he is right too!!! {as he says he doesn't hear that often! haha}

      Delete